Monday 16 July 2012

Simon son of John, do you love me (2) John 21:17

Month of July: The Life of Divine love; living love all along!This is an excerpt of the daily devotionals I translate from Arabic from the Book "The Bible in reality of our life" for the late Father Matta El Meskeen.

"The lord in this question did not seek an answer from Peter, but He wanted to help him differentiate between the loss of love and faith; which is the most important element in our relationship with God.  This question is for each one of us today: your faith in the Lord is something and your love for Him is something else.  Faith attaches you to the Lord intellectually, but love attaches you to Him spiritually and heartily"

Dear reader: please share your reflections.  Have a blessed day!
God Bless

4 comments:

  1. I believe love comes first and then faith. When Jesus asked Peter; do you love me, three times, then He said on this rock I build my church. As I understand this rock was the faith. how could we have faith in someone if we don't love him first?!
    I didn't say love is important than faith. but I think love and faith in Jesus Christ are my two wings that my spirit, my thoughts and my soul can fly higher in God's unlimited knowledge.

    This is my life experience, I would like to hear from anyone that might have different experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that when we have faith in Christ and experience His Love,it triggers our love for Him. He pulls us to Him first through His Love, and the more we experience it the stronger is our faith in Him, and the stronger our faith in Him is,the more attached to Him we become. It is a life-long experience on the wings of Love and faith.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful life that we have with our AMAZING God!
    This is the joy that I told you about when we were talking about the taste of the Kingdom Of God here in the earth, that we will go deeper in it for our eternal life. The unlimited Love and Faith. I thank YOU LORD!

    Thank you Joe for your true words, I love it>
    Please listen to this song, It is one of my favorite and it express my feelings now :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw6j0xp3uJw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this concept of having a personal relationship with God every day. He's our utmost friend and we can share with him everything, how we feel and talk to him daily. May God's blessings shine on us every day Amen.

    ReplyDelete